The Zone Health and Safety Manager is responsible for promoting a safe work environment within the Expo Site, with a specific focus on all functional requirements leading to the Event, which also includes overseeing the transition of all assets from the contractor (main Contractor and Overlay contractors) to the Events Operations team, other business departments and external stakeholders. The role will assist in the management of risk assessments and health and safety analysis of operations across different site areas in order to ensure compliance with health, safety and environment standards and other relevant guidelines.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
– Support the implementation of Expo’s HSQE strategy and management arrangements, including development of site management and event safety standards in line with the overall business objectives of the organisation;
– Supervise day-to-day activities, providing health and safety advice to staff and to the line manager, encouraging teamwork, implementing work processes, and resolving any escalated issues in order to ensure that work is correctly prioritised and completed as per procedures, standards and departmental requirements;
– Manage the resource utilisation of the health and safety staff for the project in order to ensure coverage and compliance across the site in line with relevant health and safety standards;
– Ensure compliance with all relevant HSQE procedures, standards and guidelines and promote the development of a positive organisational culture;
– Develop and implement a plan of organisational resources required to support the effective implementation of the event health & safety strategy, policy, plans and procedures including capabilities, infrastructure and technology;
– Plan for the implementation of health and safety requirements during the operational period and work with the relevant functional areas to ensure a seamless transition to operations;
– Liaise onsite with the necessary Local authorities i.e. Dubai Municipality, DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority), Civil Defense etc. as and when required.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Other Business Support Services|