Today we are going to review the don’ts of lifting.
- Avoid heavy, manual jobs if you have had previous back injuries, are underweight or overweight, or have a special medical problem such as a weak heart or high blood pressure.
- Never lift more than you can easily handle.
- Never lift with a rounded back and straight legs.
- Avoid twisting your body when lifting or carrying.
- Move your feet to change direction.
- Never lift from an unbalanced position. This means no lifting from one knee or reaching over another object to lift.
- Never carry a load that blocks your view ahead.