Question 1. What Is The Safety?
The condition of being protected from or unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury is Called Safety.
Question 2. What Is The Accident?
It is an unexpected or unplanned event that may or may not result in injury or damage or property loss or death.
Question 3. What Is The Injury?
It is defined as a harmful condition sustained by the body as a result of an accident.
Question 4. What Is The Hazard?
The inherent property of a substance or an occurrence that has the potential to cause loss or damage property, person or environment.
Question 5. What Is The Risk?
In probability of the realization of the potential for loss or damage or injury.
Question 6. What Is The Incident?
It is an event that represents the deviation from the intended sequence of designed steps.
Question 7. What Is Safety Policy?
Any company has a social and legal obligation to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all his improvement to all his employees.
Question 8. What Is Safety Audit?
The safety audit is the process that identifies unsafe conditions and unsafe acts the plant and recommended safety improvement. Walkthrough evaluates the unsafe condition noticeable to the naked eye during work through the plant. (Stores, civil work, erection work)
Intermediate-more details to study and review plant design and plant operation.
Comprehensive –it evaluates the safety factors in the plant on the base engineering, analysis, testing, and measurement.
Question 9. What Is Safety Tag?
Safety tag can be defined as a surface made of cardboard or paper board on which English local language letters are written for warning safety instructions to employees.
Question 10. What Is Safety Program?
A safety program can be defined as five methods by which accidents can be prevented easily they are engineering, education, enforcement, enthusiasm, and example safety programs are plain-spoken and carry out certain legal steps.
Question 11. What Is Attitude?
Attitude may be described as continuous behavior. If a man’s behavior is good, then his action will be either correct or safe.
Question 12. What Is Emergency Planning?
Emergency planning can be defined as a control measure. It can control the accidents safeguard people and provide information to media.
Question 13. What Is Work Permit System?
The work permit system is a “written documents” for permission to undertake a job by area in charge of it is written document issued by the area in charge to the performer to undertake the specific job.
Question 14. What Is Work At Height?
Any work above 2 meters from the ground is caused by work at height.
Question 15. What Is Confined Space?
An area that is small and enclosed or an area where one entry and exits or where a man cannot work comfortably in any location is caused by confined space.
Question 16. What Is Excavation?
Marking a hole or tunnel by digging the ground by man or machine is called excavation.
Question 17. What Is Scaffolding?
It is a temporary platform constructed for supporting both men and materials and working safety at a construction site.
Question 18. What Is Welding?
The process of joining of metals either by electrical or by gas is called welding.
Question 19. What Is Gas Cutting?
The process of joining of cutting metals by using oxygen and combustible gas is called gas cutting.
Question 20. What Is Sandblasting?
The process of removing rust dust, dirt, scales, and old prints from the old surface using compressed air is called sandblasting.
Question 21. What Is Painting?
The process after sandblasting is called painting.
Question 22. What Is Lel?
The minimum concentration of vapor, gases, and dust in air below which propagation of flame does not occur on contact with a source of ignition is called LEL.
Question 23. What Is Uel?
The maximum proportion of vapor, gases, and dust in the air above which proposal the flame does not occur on contact with a source of ignition is called UEL.
Question 24. What Is Manual Handling?
The process of lifting, carrying, and stacking materials by men is called manual handling.
Question 25. What Is Housekeeping?
Housekeeping means not only cleanliness but also the orderly arrangement of operations, tools, equipment storage facilities, and suppliers.
Question 26. What Is Personal Protective Equipment?
It is the equipment used to protect the person from hazards such as dust, dirt, fumes, and sparks, etc. It is the barrier between hazard and person.
Question 27. What Is Grinding?
A grinder is a portable machine with a wheel guard in a position to reduce the danger.
Question 28. What Is Crane?
A tall machine used for moving heavy objects by suspending them from a projecting arm with a hook.
Question 29. What Is ForkLift Truck?
The forklift truck is designed to handle heavy loads.
Question 30. What Is Jsa?
The procedure of analyzing a job for the specific purpose of finding the hazards and developing.
Question 31. What Are The Duties Of A Safety Officer?
- Prepare toolbox talk
- Prepare monthly statistics
- Prepare the checklist
- Accident reports
- Management meetings
- Arrange the safety classes/training
- Arrange monthly safety bulletin
- Inspection of fire extinguisher
- Arrange first aid training classes
- Arrange safety competitions like quiz, slogan, and poster
- Competitions exhibition etc.
Question 32. What Are The Duties Of A Supervisor?
- He has to instruct these workers about the work methods and procedures.
- He has to maintain discipline among the workers
- He has to supply the necessary materials
- He has to control the quality and cost of the job
- He has to guide has workers in doing a job in the correct and safe way
- He has to supply suitable personal protective equipment to his workers
- He should conduct periodical safety meetings.
- He should conduct a safety inspection of his working area
- He should know about the firefight equipment
- He should know to investigate the accident and find out the cause of the accident.
Question 33. What Are The Precautions For Welding?
- Remove all combustion material from the place of welding
- Clear the work area and cover the wooden floor with fireproof mats. (Welding mechanic should be kept within the visibility of the welders.
- Erect fire resistance screen around the work
- All welding cables should be fully insulated
- All welding mics shall be double earthed
- The welding area should be dry and free from water
- Keep the fire extinguisher/sand really
- Use leather hand gloves, goggles, and helmets
- Switch off the power when welding is stopped
- Do not allow the helper to do welding
- Do not shift the welding cable unless the electric power is switched off.
- Do not allow the helper to carry the welding. The terminal of the welding cables should be provided 3-cable with lugs and kept tight.
- Oxygen hose in black and acetylene hose in red in color as per standard
- Nrv of the blowtorches should be maintained properly to avoid backfire
- Welders should be trained properly
- Cylinders should be stored in a cold dry place away bottom heat and direct sunlight.
- Proper housekeeping, good ventilation in the working area
- Smoking should be avoided from the welding area
- Hose connection should be properly made
- Barricade the work area and put a signboard
- Rolling of cylinders should be avoided
- The Flashback arrestor should be attached to each cylinder.
- Any leakage of the cylinder should be kept separately.
Question 34. What Are The Precautions For Gas Cutting?
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby
- Keep fire watch nearby
- Remove all combustible from the work area
- Use all necessary PPE
- Never put welding gas cylinder inside a confined space
- Hoses shall not be laid in pathways
- The gas cutting torch should have flashback arrestors
- Gas test to be done to check for the presence of flammable gas on site.
- Good housekeeping and ventilation are necessary for the working area.
- Those connections should be made properly
Question 35. What Are The Precautions For “sandblasting”?
- The compressed airline, hoses and another fitting must installment firmly without leaks the hose.
- Mis use compress are should be avoided
- A fresh air hood or mask must be worn
- Housekeeping can be done periodically
- The fire extinguisher shall be kept nearby
- Dust mask earplugs/muffs should be used
- No sandblasting shall be done on top of the floating roof tank in service.
- Use goggles & face shield
- The sandblasting operation must be gas-free
Question 36. What Is The Precaution For “painting”?
- All flammable material should be cleared from the work area
- The required protective clothing and equipment must be worn
- Cartridge respirators shall always be worn
- Adequate ventilation is necessary
- Adequate washing facilities must be readily available
- Barrier cream should be applied to the skin
Question 37. What Are The Hazards In Welding?
- Eye injury
- Burn injury arc realization
- Electrical shock light arc radiation
- Heat, light, and radiation affect heat fume
- Poisonous gases chipped price of weld metal
- Explosion scattering
- Noise sparkling
- Flying sand
Question 38. What Are Hazards And Injuries In Manual Handling?
- Cutting fingers due to sharp edges
- Burns due to handling of hot articles
- Foot injuries due to dropped articles
- Slipped disc due to improper posture in lifting on object
- Strains to wrist or fingers
- Sprains, wounds hernias, fractures
Question 39. Cause Of Accidents In Manual Handling?
- Improper lifting
- Carrying too heavy loads
- Improper gripping
- Failure to use PPE
- Lifting greasy, oily and irregular objects
- Poor physique
Question 40. What Precautions Are Needed To Avoid The Accident In Manhandling?
- Stand a safe distance from the load
- Sharp edge and burns are removed before lifting
- PPE such as safety gloves and safety shoes are to be
- If the weight is too heavy for one person to lift, then he has to seek the assistance.
- The pathway is not blocked by obstacles while carrying the load.
- The different actions, movements, and forces necessary while carrying the load.
- Modify the task by using hooks and crowbars.
- Mechanical equipment like cranes shall be used.
- Modify the objects
- Change the way things are used.
Question 41. Tips For Manual Handling?
- Clear the path
- Move-in close to the load
- Secure your grip
- Hold your head upright
- Maintain normal curves of the spine
- Don’t twist
Question 42. Cause Of Accidents In Mechanical Handling?
- The sudden failure of wire rope or a chain
- Slipping of the load from the sling
- Swinging of the load at the time of lifting
- The load sometimes hits the man
Question 43. What Are The Accidents In “poor Housekeeping”?
- Men getting hit by falling from overhead
- Men slipping as a greasy, wet or dirty floor
- Men failing in open tank without cover in the level floor
- Accidents due to poor lighting
- Fire accidents due to faulty electrical wires.
Question 44. What Are The Advantages In Good Housekeeping?
- It helps in the reduction of accidents including fire accidents
- It saves the property damages
- It improves employee morale
- Better productivity
- The working area becomes presentable
- Human energy is conserved
- Visitors are very much satisfied
- The burden of the supervisor is reduced
Question 45. How To Care And Maintenance Of Hand Tools?
- Tools must be kept clean and free from corrosion
- Keep metal parts lightly oiled
- Remove burrs from edges of tools and heads of chisels.
- Tools which are not in use must be stored separately
- A good worker regularly inspects his tools
- Do not use tools without handles
Question 46. How To Prevent Accidents Of “power Tools”?
- The operators should wear face shields or safety glasses
- Power tools should be placed in the storeroom after use
- Power tools should have protected by guards
- Pneumatic hoses or electric cables of power tools should not pass through passageways.
- The electrical power tools should be properly earthed
- Never horseplay with hose of pneumatic tools
- Power tools machines should be maintained and operated properly.
Question 47. What Are The Causes Of Accidents Of “hard Tools”?
- Due to the wrong way using of tools.
- Due to the defective condition of tools
- Due to the failure of using the right tools for the right job
- Due to wrong way of carrying tools
- Due to strong of tools in safety
Question 48. What Precautions Are Necessary For Electrical Work?
- All electrical installations shall be as per standard electricity rules
- Only competent persons should handle electrical equipment.
- The equipment should be earthed properly
- All temporary electric lines should be drawn at least above man’s height
- The cable should be completely insulated
- The cable should not have any joints
- Only connection for one point
- Good housekeeping on the area
- Fire protection equipment to be kept nearby
- Use rubber gloves and rubber boots
- Use good quality of wire
- Power isolation close to the job
- Use the three-pin plug instead of loose wire
- Never operate any electrical equipment with wet hands
- Never stand wet surface while working electrical equipment
- During thunderstorm do not stand under a tree
- The proper signboard is necessary
- No person shall work on any live electrical conductor
- The switch shall only be put on by the person who switched it off.
Question 49. What Are The Hazards In Construction?
- Fall of the person from the top and getting injured
- Fall of objects from the top and below person injury
- Fall of materials from top and damaged
- Person falls into an excavated pit
- The collapse of soil and below person gets an injury or may
- Damage of ug cables and sewage pipe
- The collapse of scaffolding and person fall from a height, get an injury
- Electrical shock
- Fire and explosion
- Burn injury
- Health and lung problems
- Snakes bite
- Poisonous gas
- Foreign body in the eye
Question 50. Cause Of Accident In Construction?
- Erection equipment failure
- Falling of persons from a height
- Electrical shocks
- Improper lighting
- Non-stop working by worker
- Up safe work methods
- Collapsing of the earth during trench excavation
- Failure to use safety equipment
- Working a height without a safety belt
Question 51. General Safety Precautions In Construction?
- Adequate first aid equipment should be kept ready
- Adequate firefighting equipment should be available
- All general electrical rules should be followed
- Suitable lighting arrangements should be necessary at night work
- Workmen at height should be wearing safety belts
- Workmen handling cement should be provided with goggles, rubber gloves, and rubber boots by nose mask.
- The moving parts of grinding machines used construction site should be covered with guards
- The moving parts of grinding machines used construction site should be covered with guards
- Excavated material should not be kept near the excavated
- The very short duration of work red flags must be hoisted and more duration red banners must be stretched
- Defective tools should not be used
- The worker should not carry tools in his hands when climbing a ladder
- Excavation should be guarded by suitable fencing
Question 52. How To Erect Scaffolding?
- It should be erected on levels firm ground
- It erected by trained/skilled person
- It is constructed using metal pipes and wooden boards
- It should be design and constructed from good and sound material
- Not to be erected on loose earth
- Clamps should be fixed
- Properly bracing
- Soleplate is necessary the base of vertical pipe
Question 53. Safety Precaution Of Scaffold?
- Wooden board not be painted
- The wooden board should not to any cracks
- Check for rust in pipes/clamps
- Clamps should be fixed and good quality
- Boards thickness should be 3.4 cms and no bending
- The construction must be rigid, properly based
- Use of good and sound materials
- The wooden bellies have not joint
- Vertical poles should not be more than 6 feet
- Chains, ropes used for the suspension of scaffoldings
- Never throw any materials from a height
- Use safety harness while working at above 6 feet
- Properly ties to be an arrangement
Question 54. What Controls Measures Are Necessary For Confined Space?
- Enter with airline bar sets
- Use 24v flameproof hand lamps
- A hole watches to be kept near the manhole
- Keep fire fighting equipment ready
- Gas test to be done to check for oxygen level
- Provide blowers
- Don’t smoke in confined space
- Use ropes and harness
- The spaces clean before entry
- Use non-sparking tools it there is any risk of flammable vapors being present.
Question 55. Safety Rules When Using Ladders?
- The footwear is not greasy, oily, and muddy and has a good grip on the rungs.
- When climbing or coming down a ladder should be facing the ladder side and had on with both hands.
- Carry light tools in pockets in a shoulder bag.
- Hold on with at least a new hand if the use of both hands then, use safety belt
- Never climb higher than the third rung from the top on straight or second tired from the top on the extension ladder.
- Step ladder must be fully open and the divider locked
- The metal ladder shall not be used near electrical equipment.
- The metal ladder shall not be placed on firm footing and at angle of 75
- Any ladder found a defect in any way should be marked do not use
- The ladder shall not be placed in a box or drum.
- Rubber protection on the head and heel of a ladder is necessary.
Question 56. Safety Rules Ensuring Oxygen Cylinders?
- Oxygen cylinders should not be kept near combustible materials.
- Oxygen cylinders should not be handled with grassy hands or gloves.
- Oxygen cylinders and their fittings should not be tested with an oil-based soap solution.
- Oxygen cylinders and other combustible gas cylinders should not be stored together.
- The top cover of the cylinder should be kept in position and screwed safety when not in use.
- Cylinders should not be used as rollers for moving materials
- Oxygen must not be used for ventilating confined spaces.
Question 57. Safety Rules In Using Compressed Air?
- Only authorized persons should be used in compressed air.
- The body or clothes should not be cleaned.